TransPOD™ is a feature-rich intersection priority control system. On-street physical detection is not required.
A TransPOD™ equipped vehicle (with the aid of its highly accurate positioning system) knows its dynamic location and the locations of upstream intersections, when the vehicle crosses a pre-determined geographic boundary it routes a priority request message via a broadband wireless mesh network to the upcoming intersection. This event is logged as a check-in. The priority request message can indicate high priority in the event that the vehicle is an emergency vehicle or low priority message if the vehicle is a transit vehicle.
When the TransPOD™equipped vehicle enters the intersection it routes a priority clear message to the intersection. This event is logged as a checkout. Both events are logged locally and remotely in real time. TransPOD™ is portable across multiple wireless architectures including 3G – 4G Networks, HSDPA and EVDO allowing unparalleled flexibility.
Novax Elements Management System (NEMS™)
- Real time AVL.
- Real time remote logging (mirrors individual vehicle and intersection logs).
- Remote configuration of vehicles and intersections.
- Remote Software updates.
- Logged data can be sorted and downloaded for reporting.
Priority Request Generator (PRG)
- Real time onboard data logging.
- Operating parameters can be reconfigured remotely.
- Over 200 priority levels can be adjusted remotely.
- Conditional Priority.
- Custom Sounds are Available that can be Easily Programmed for the Crossing.
Portable Wireless Connectivity
- Any IP Device in Wireless Network.
- CEMS/NEMS accessible.
- Public/Private Network Access.