DS3000 Series APS
The DS3000 Series APS units provide improved crosswalk safety for visually impaired pedestrians. With digital technology for programmable flexibility, the DS3000 is the most advanced APS device available.
DS3000 Series (State-of-the-Art Pedestrian Safety)
• Dynamic Proportional Volume Compensation keeps the DS3000 audible above (+5 dB adjustable preset) ambient street noise.
• Optional VibraWalk2 incorporates Locator Sound to guide pedestrians to the pedestrian pushbutton.
• Optional VibraWalk2 indicates crossing direction with Vibrating Tactile Arrow when the WALK signal is on.
• Button Actuated Timer (BAT) ensures WALK sounds are generated only when needed. The audible signal is actuated to trigger with the walk visual signal only after pedestrian pushbutton is depressed for 3 seconds (user-adjustable).
• Sound Inhibit interacts with the traffic signal controller to disable the audible signal during complex traffic phases or as required.
• Max Walk Timer is user selectable, up to 18 seconds for rest in WALK applications. Audible signal will play WALK sound only for the time selected then will turn off and pole locator sound will resume.
• 4 Walk, 4 Don’t Walk “Cuckoo” & “Peep” sounds approved by Transportation Association of Canada and other North American transportation authorities.
• A digital audio synthesizer within the DS3000 allows customized voice and sound messages up to 32 seconds long.*
• Advanced electronics offers minimum power consumption and long unattended life. A rugged case protects the components and a heavy duty arm protects connecting cables from vandalism.